Get the smile you want with Porcelain Veneers!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers are thin shells made from porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to help repair dental problems and hide flaws. These shells are custom made according to the shape and size of your natural teeth and are permanently bonded to your teeth to give you a more natural look.
How would you know if you are a suitable candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
A thorough assessment of the mouth will be done to evaluate the health and condition of your mouth, teeth, gums and bite. This will determine if you are a suitable candidate for porcelain veneers or not.
How are Porcelain Veneers placed?
The treatment process usually takes place over two appointments.
Impressions – our dentist at Murwillumbah Dental will take impressions of your teeth. The impressions will be used to prepare your porcelain veneers so that they fit properly onto your teeth.
Tooth preparation – a small portion of enamel will be shaved off your teeth and temporary veneers will be fitted to protect your teeth while your customised veneers are being manufactured at the dental laboratory.
During your second dental visit, our dentist will remove your temporary veneers.
Before placing the permanent veneers – our dentist will check if the veneer fits properly, if it needs adjusting and if it is suitable for you.
Placement of porcelain veneers – if everything is in order, our dentist will then place the porcelain veneers onto your natural teeth using strong bonding cement and a special curing light to permanently secure the veneers onto the teeth.
Completion of procedure – when the procedure is complete, our dentist will discuss ways to take care of your veneers and answer any questions you may have.
Porcelain veneers can help correct the following dental problems:
- Chips, surface cracks, broken teeth and gaps
- Long and short teeth
- Stained teeth or teeth that are discoloured
- Enamel that has been worn
- Teeth that are off-shaped
- The wear and tear of teeth that is caused through age.
- Uneven teeth
What are the advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers can make your teeth healthier and stronger.
- It restores the function of your teeth.
- It can last a long time if cared for properly.
- It preserves the natural structure of your teeth.
- It is tooth coloured and looks more natural.
- It is highly durable.
- It may not stain if taken care of properly.
What are the disadvantages of Porcelain Veneers?
- It is not reversible once done.
- They require at least two dental appointments to complete the process.
- They are expensive compared to other dental treatment options.
- If they break they cannot be repaired.
If you require any further information on Porcelain Veneers or would like to book an appointment, please contact us at Murwillumbah Dental.